About security. Keeping your information secure is our commitment to you. By taking a few simple steps you can help us protect your information.
Our role in security
Ensuring access to your account information is secure.
With our state-of-the-art security infrastructure, you can be confident that access to your accounts is private and secure.
- Bank of America uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol for transferring data between your browser and Bank of America.
- Bank of America automatically increases the security level of your Internet browser to 128-bit encryption when you sign in to Floor Plan Online, to ensure financial transactions are performed at the highest security level.
Clearing copies of Web pages stored in your computer.
Bank of America automatically clears copies of Floor Plan Online banking web pages that have been stored, or "cached," by the Web browser. If you share your computer with other users they will not be able to view your personal information from the browser cache. You must close your browser to complete the clearing of the cache.
What can I do for added security?
- Do not share your username or password with anyone. You can change your password as often as you like online.
- Do not use obvious names or numbers, birthdays or names that others can guess.
- Never give your password to anyone claiming to represent Bank of America. In fact, no Bank of America employee will ever need to know your password.
- Exit from Dealer Online Services as soon as you finish your activities.
- Never walk away from your computer with your account information on the screen.
- Close your browser after signing off to clear account information from your browser's memory.
Although Bank of America has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure account security, we are not liable for a breach of security that occurs for reasons outside of our control.
What does encryption mean?
Encryption is a method of scrambling your information to protect its transmission across the Internet, so that only Bank of America can read it.
How does Bank of America ensure security of my account information over the Internet?
All information within Floor Plan Online uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol for transferring data between your browser and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
How SSL protects your data:
- By authentication. This ensures that you are communicating with the correct server. This prevents another computer from impersonating Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Through encryption. This scrambles transferred data.
- With data integrity. This verifies that the information you provide isn't altered during the transfer to Bank of America Merrill Lynch. If any tampering occurs, the connection is severed.